Tom Cruise Net Worth: Thomas Cruise Mapother IV AKA Tom Cruise is an American actor, a producer that started his career at 19 with ‘Endless Love’ (1981) and has a net worth of $570 million.
Cruise is one of the highest-paid actors in history and today we going to dive deep into how he made his fortune, how he spends his fortune, including:
- Cruise Houses
- His Cars, Motorbikes, Planes, and other big boy toys
- Does he give back to charity
- Carrier earnings, movie deals, move franchises
My favorite take away from all of this is his massive collection of cars, planes, and motorcycles – it’s an incredible toy box
Let’s get started…
Quick Overview: Tom Cruise
- Net Worth: $570 million
- Date of Birth: 3rd July 1962
- Gender: Male
- Relationship Status: Divorced
- Children: 1 – Suri Cruise
- Profession: Actor, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Television Director
- Nationality: American
- Last Updated: 2021
Related: Tom Cruise Biography
Tom Cruise Net Worth:
Starring in dozens of box office hits and considered one of the biggest stars in Hollywood… Tom Cruise has built himself a mammoth net worth.
Cruise had a number of small roles growing up, but… he caught his big break in 1983’s “Risky Business” – earning the actor his first Golden Globe nomination.
He has had a highly profitable career… with over 20 of his films grossing $100 million worldwide – meaning he’s one of the highest paid actors in the world!
Currently- at age 57 – Cruise continues to be a high earner… being the 3rd richest actor in the world, with a generous salary of over $60 million a year.
With this in mind, Tom Cruise’s net worth tallies to a grand $570 million – crazy money!
|Year||Net Worth $|
Tom Cruise Early Life:
Thomas “Tom” Cruise Mapother IV was born in Syracuse, New York to parents Thomas Cruise Mapother III and Mary Lee.
His father was an electrical engineer and his mother a special education teacher. He has three sisters.
Cruise had a difficult childhood, living in near poverty with an abusive father.
At a young age, his family moved to Canada when his father got a job in the Canadian armed forces…
…at age 11 his parents split up and Tom moved back to the US with his mum and sisters.
Later in school, Cruise attended Franciscan seminary in Cincinnati – on a church scholarship… aspiring to be a catholic priest – what a career change!
Tom was an avid sports player, taking part in boxing and football…
…after a knee injury in high school, Cruise took up acting… winning the lead role in the school’s production of Guys and Dolls.
Want to know more?
Read everything there is to know in his Bounce Mojo Bio!
Tom Cruise Business Ventures Endorsements & Products:
Other than acting… Cruise’s biggest business venture was born when the actor co-founded Cruise/Wagner Production with Paula Wagner in 1993.
For years they had an exclusive deal with Paramount…
…it was dissolved in 2006 when Tom made a controversial statement about psychiatry and antidepressants – offending many people in the industry.
Funding became scarce – what there was came predominantly from hedge funds and Washington Redskins founder Dan Snyder.
In 2006 United Artists recruited Cruise and Wagner to save the failing studio.
In 2008 Paula left the company with Tom still owning 30%.
To date, their films have produced over $3 billion USD worldwide – not bad eh?!
Tom Cruise Investments
With all his money and material growth, you might be wondering where the actor puts his wealth?
…well, I’ll tell you what…
Tom Cruise has invested his money in various different properties… increasing their worth and reselling houses.
Throughout his career, he’s owned various properties all over the world, including London, LA and Florida – I’d happily live in any of them Tom!
$7Million USD English Home – Business Insider
In addition to property, Cruise has invested his money in cars, bikes and jets, as well as security and child support for his daughter.
The actor also takes care of his image, he ‘treated himself’ to a pair of adult braces – to fix his teeth after a hockey incident when he was at school.
Cruise is also an active Scientologist… donating $2,500,000 in 2005 towards the religion.
Tom Cruise Movies
Tom Cruise has starred in a number of successful films – including:
Tom Cruise Philanthropy
Unsurprisingly Tom has been involved with numerous charities… from voluntary work to large donations. Here are some of the foundations Tom has donated to:
- Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes
- Children’s Hospice and Palliative Care Coalition
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- Friars Foundation
- Stockings with Care
Tom is the founder and board member of the Hollywood Education and Literacy Project – teaching kids how to read and succeed… a cause very close to his heart.
He was also the first actor to receive the Pioneer of the Year award from Will Rogers’ Motion Picture Foundation.
The award is given to a member of the motion picture community – to honor professional leadership, service and commitment to philanthropy – I think we can agree Tom was a good choice!
How Tom Cruise Spends His Money
As one of the highest paid actors in the world, Tom Cruise uses his money to fuel his extravagant lifestyle and things that he cares about… these include:
- His Pilot’s license
- Planes, cars and motorbikes
- His Daughter – her education and safety
- Regular cakes from Doan’s Bakery for his co-stars
- Clothes – spending up to $8,000 on one suit
- Personal training – costing up to $500 per session
- Sporting events
- Other people – donating to charities and individuals
The Good Life!
Tom Cruise Houses
Tom has owned many homes, including:
- $59 million 298 acre Colorado mansion. Complete with 4 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, library, playroom and 1,600 ft2 guest house.
- $30.5 million 10,000 ft2 Beverly Hills mansion. Complete with 7 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, tennis and basketball courts, swimming pool, playground and guest house.
- CURRENT – Florida Clearwater penthouse. Complete with a $500,000 swimming pool, flight simulator, theatre and game room.
- $28 million 8,300 ft2 New York apartment, with 5 terraces and 7 bathrooms.
- CURRENT – 14.2 acre Saint Hill, England Mansion. Complete with 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, a summerhouse, a screening room and a wet bar. Situated on 30 miles from London.
Stunning portfolio Tom!
Tom Cruise Toys:
The Mission Impossible actor loves his toys, building a collection of planes, cars and motorbikes.
Here are some of Tom’s top toys…
- $ 38 million G450 private jet
- $ 4.5 million P-51 Mustang
- Bugatti Veyron
- BMW 7 Series
- Ford Mustang Saleen S281
- Ford Excursion
- Chevrolet Chevelle SS
- Chevrolet Corvette C1
- Porsche 911
- Cadillac Escalade
- Mercedes-Benz S Class
- Mercedes CLK W209
- Dodge Colt
- 1949 Buick Roadmaster
- BMW 3 Series
- 1979 Porsche 928
- 1966 Shelby GT350H
- BMW M5
- 1986 BMW 5 Series
- Vyrns 987 C3 4V
- BMW S1000 RR
- Confederate Hellcat
- Ducati Desmosedici RR
- Ducati 999R
Tom Cruise Fun Facts
Despite living life in the public eye, there are some parts of Tom’s life you might not know about… yet!
- Tom Cruise improvised the famous Risky Business dance scene.
- Tom was bullied at school – attending 15 schools in 10 years.
- After visiting Japan a number of times, the actor has a day named after him… 10th October.
- Cruise split up with each of his three former wives when they turned 33 – the number must have some significance?
- Tom only signs up to a movie if he can do his own stunts – he’s definitely an adrenaline junky.
Who would have thought it?
5 Financial Lessons From Tom Cruise
With a grand net worth of $570 million and total earnings topping $1 billion – and one of the highest paid actors in the world… there are a number of lessons we can learn from Tom’s success:
- Stay Committed – in Tom’s early career he experimented with roles to determine what he was best at… and he always did his own stunts. Despite his success with the film, Tom always stayed committed to his acting career.
- There’s always room for improvement – being successful is about hard work and striving to do better. Without looking to improve he would have become outdated – and perhaps would have struggled to stay in the business.
- Focus on your dreams and goals – even during tough times… never give up and keep working.
- Go big or go home – even if it’s not as successful as you’d hoped, it doesn’t matter as long as you know you put in 100%.
- Stop working on what’s not working – there’s no point in trying to flog a dead horse, or reinvent the wheel. See what is working and run with it!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Who is the No 1 richest actor in the world?
Shah Rukh Khan (net worth: $600 million) – Widely regarded as the “The King of Bollywood”
Is Tom Cruise a billionaire?
Tom Cruise’s net worth is $570 million, making him the 3rd richest actor worldwide.
Is Tom Cruise in a relationship?
Tom Cruise is an incredibly private person and now keeping his relationship a secret after his public divorces from Mimi Rogers, Nicole Kidman, and Katie Holmes
Summary: Tom Cruise Net Worth
So there you have it, I’m sure you’ll agree, Tom Cruise has had a hell of a career.
My biggest takeaway from this is his commitment to his work… but I also particularly liked his ability to stay in the acting game by adapting so well to the industry.
There are definitely a number of takeaways from his success!
I hope you enjoyed this article – you might also want to check out Tom’s bio, and the best Tom Cruise memes.