Share this article:
Bounce Mojo is a leading player of Celebrity News, Reviews, Entertainment and Top 10 of Everything. We sometimes use affiliate links and may receive a small commission on your purchase. Learn more…
KSI Net Worth, Earnings & Biography: Olajide Olayinka Williams Olatunji “JJ” better known as KSI, is an English YouTuber, professional boxer, and internet personality who started his career playing FIFA with a net worth of $20 million.
He’s known for his boxing fights with Logan Paul and Twitter beefs…
…But how much is KSI Net Worth from his gaming commentary videos and other endeavours?
Today, we’re going to be diving deep into KSI’s career, earnings, net worth, and we’ll be looking at:
KSI Quick Overview:
- KSI’s Net Worth: $20 million USD
- Date of Birth: 19 June 1993
- Gender: Male
- Relationship Status: In a relationship – partner unknown
- Children: None
- Profession: YouTuber (video game commentaries), Rapper, Singer, Actor, Boxer, British Comedy Film Actor
- Nationality: British
- Last Updated: 2022
Related: KSI Biography
KSI’s Net Worth, Earnings & KSI’s YouTube Career
KSI’s fame really kicked off with his YouTube career in 2008 – launching his first YouTube account “JideJunior”. In 2009 he created a second channel “KSIOlajideBT”… later shortened to “KSI”. A bit more catchy, huh?
Through developing his career to his current level, KSI currently earns in excess of $15 million USD a year …
… Surprisingly only $2.9 million of that comes from YouTube Channels – he earns the rest through advertising and sponsorship.
As well as YouTube, KSI has dipped his toes in other areas of entertainment – starting his rap career in 2015 – he landed his first top 10 hit in January 2020.
Not bad for a gamer!
As well as rap and YouTube, KSI is known for his notorious boxing matches against other YouTubers.
He generated a cool $11 million in his recent fight against Logan Paul.
KSI debuted his acting career in the film “Laid in America” – which follows the life of two foreign exchange students’ last days in the US.
All this hard work meant he built his net worth to $20 million USD – not bad for a 27-year-old.
KSI Early Life
KSI’s full name comes from his Nigerian roots – Olayide Olayinka Williams “JJ” Olatunji – but is shortened to “JJ” or “KSI”.
KSI was born in London to his parents, Yinka and Jide – he grew up in the Watford area along with his younger brother.
He went to Berkhamsted school, an all boys school in the suburbs of London.
At the age of 15 KSI launched his YouTube channel, creating videos – playing FIFA 08. This was a passion of KSI’s and he continues to produce FIFA content.
During sixth form, KSI was earning over $1,800 a month … leading him to drop out to concentrate on his videos.
In 2012 KSI reached an incredible 1 million subscribers – what a guy!
Want to know more?
Read everything there is to know in his Bounce Mojo Bio!
YouTube Videos, Endorsements & Products
In 2013 KSI started expanding his content – creating a British YouTube group called ‘The Sidemen’ …
… from here…
…he launched a clothing merchandise line, selling shirts, sweatshirts and hats – which proved ultra successful.
In March 2015 KSI started his music career … with his first single ‘Lamborghini’ reaching number 30 in the UK charts – pretty good for a first attempt right?
KSI’s music video reached an incredible 110 million views… making it the most viewed music video in 2015.
Later in 2015 KSI released his biography, then he released a second book in 2016 – selling over 26,000 copies and topping the charts. (See below if you would like to buy this on Amazon!)
In 2018 KSI started his boxing career with fights against the likes of Joe Weller and Logan Paul – using advertising and product endorsement to generate over $11 million.
Another change of direction…
…over his career KSI has promoted his various merchandise and clothing lines, more recently moving into mens fashion.
To increase interest, KSI has worked on collaborations with other YouTubers – seems like a great idea if you ask me!
KSI invests a lot of his money in his career ventures – expanding out from his YouTube platform to create new forms of entertainment.
His love for cars, houses and trainers has created a large collection – seen on his social media platforms.
KSI is less known for his charitable investments – but still he has raised and donated over $600,000 since 2015.
KSI: I Am a Bellend
Sidemen: The Book: The book you’ve been waiting for
How Much KSI Earned By Year
Over the years KSI has increased his take home pay significantly – earning $15,000,000 in 2020!
Wish I was a dime behind him!
KSI Controversies & Litigation
KSI came under fire in 2012-2013 thanks to a pretty inappropriate ‘rape-face’ joke he made on his channel. He later apologised for the comment.
… in 2012 KSI was questioned after his ‘sexist’ Eurogamer video was uploaded onto his YouTube channel … causing Microsoft – his sponsor at the time – to drop him and ban him from later events. Ouch!
KSI apologised for the video and removed it from his channel, claiming it did not line up with his views.
How KSI Spends His Money
KSI loves fashion and is always a sucker for a cool pair of trainers … spending over $10 Gs in one day!
Among his trainer collection KSI owns:
Other than trainers KSI has spent his money on slightly more bizarre things, such as a $500,000 custom made Dragon Ball Z necklace and a $180,000 diamond Rolex.
He’s got quite a unique taste…!
KSI has 10 properties worth over $12,500,000 across the UK … with his most iconic being his $6,100,000 London mansion.
Recently KSI has added a new penthouse to his property portfolio – also based in central London.
As well as property, KSI has built up a portfolio of interesting cars … his collection includes:
Fun Facts on KSI and his YouTube Channel
Although KSI lives life in the public eye, here are some gen you might not know:
- KSI’s full name is Olayide Olayinka Williams “JJ” Olatunji – quite different from KSI, right?
- He uploads 40 videos per month – and he can earn up to $250,000 on advertisements for each video.
- His brother also has a YouTube channel “Deji”.
- He dropped out of school without completing his A-Levels or IB.
- He contributes a lot towards charity – he was the face of Sports Relief in 2014.
- His following is growing day by day thanks to the fact that his Youtube content has branched out from posting gaming commentary videos to include: blogging and comedy style videos.
- “I’m now a brand. Like, KSI is a brand. It’s crazy that it all came from me sitting in my bedroom just making a few FIFA videos,” said KSI.
- He was the subject of a documentary film called “KSI: Can’t Lose” in 2018. The film followed the build-up to his first amateur boxing fight versus British YouTuber Joe Weller.
- His first studio album called “Dissimulation”, was launched on 22nd May 2020. It went to number 2 on the UK Albums Chart.
- The KSI vs Logan Paul amateur boxing match ended as a majority draw, with two judges scoring the fight even at 57–57 and a third judge scoring 58–57 in favor of KSI. It was described as “the biggest white collar boxing match in history” by The Independent , and the Radio Times said it was “the biggest amateur boxing match in history”.
- The influencer KSI may now be better recognised for his boxing bouts against other YouTube stars and for launching his music career, focusing mainly on ‘diss’ tracks.
- KSI started his YouTube account when he was a teenager to focus on what he loves the most – playing games.
- He was featured in the British Comedy Film ‘Laid’ in America in the year 2016
KSI is a very giving person – raising and donating thousands of dollars to various causes. He’s worked to promote charities such as Save the Children, Prostate Cancer and Suicide Prevention.
In 2015 KSI donated $10,000 to Special Effects – a charity helping people with disabilities to play video games.
Something close to his heart.
In 2016 KSI organised his first charity football event … raising $140,000 for the Saints Foundation.
After its success he ran a second event in 2017 raising $260,000 for NSPCC … and again in 2018 – raising $82,500 through justgiving for Young Minds and Charlton Athletic Community Trust.
Through the Coronavirus pandemic, KSI joined the campaign to Feed London – once again showing his generosity.
6 Lessons From KSI
KSI can be seen as a role model to many … here are some lessons we can learn from his career:
- Being naturally smart isn’t everything – throughout school KSI used his interest in music to create raps to study for exams.
- Do something you enjoy – pursue something you enjoy, then you can be passionate.
- Family – despite any feuds of fights that may occur your family can always be close.
- Have fun – life’s short so make the most of it!
- Don’t be afraid – sometimes it’s worth the risk!
- Be careful what you choose to spend your money on: “I am trying to make sure that I don’t spend on ridiculous things, so that after all this YouTube thing goes, I’m not left there, like, ‘Uh oh, I have nothing.’” – KSI
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How much does KSI make a year?
KSI’s YouTube channel has over 22 million subscribers as of 2022 and has gained over 5.5 billion views to date. Its average 1.2 million views per day should generate an estimated ad revenue of around $6,000 per day ($2.2 million a year).
Who is richer KSI or Logan Paul?
There’s not alot in it. KSI has an estimated net worth of $20 million, and Logan Paul is enjoying a net worth of $19 million.
Is KSI a billionaire?
Nope – he has $980,000,000.00 to go before he can claim billionaire status.
Who are the richest YouTubers?
The richest YouTuber currently is Ryan’s World (formerly Ryan ToysReview)
Summary: KSI Net Worth – YouTube and Music Videos Star
So there you have it, I’m sure you’ll agree, KSI is having a hell of a career as an English YouTube personality.
My biggest takeaway from this is his passion for entertainment through his YouTube videos, but I also really liked his generosity towards others and charitable spirit – kudos!
There’s so much to learn from a passionate and hardworking young man like KSI.