Rick Ross Net Worth: William Leonard Roberts II AKA Rick Ross is an American rapper, songwriter, entrepreneur, and founded of record label Maybach Music Group.
Rick Ross has sold millions of albums and tens of millions of singles worldwide and one of the 10 highest-paid rappers in the worldwide.
Rick is worth a whopping $42 million and today we’ll going to be looking at how he made and spends his fortune:
- Rick Ross Net Worth & Career Earnings
- How He Made His Money
- Record Deals his milestone deals
- How He Spends His Money
and lots more…
Let’s get started…
Quick Overview: Rick Ross
- Net Worth: $42 Million
- Date of Birth: January 28, 1976
- Gender: Male
- Relationship Status: Dej Gabrielle
- Children: Toie Roberts, William Roberts III, Billion Leonard Roberts, Berkeley Hermes Roberts
- Profession: Rapper
- Nationality: African-American
- Last Updated: 2021
Related: Rick Ross Bio
Rick Ross Net Worth
Here is a look into how the net worth of Rick Ross has grown through time since 2000:
|Year||Net Worth $|
|2014||$ 20 million|
|2016||$ 35 million|
|2020||$ 42 million|
Rick Ross Early Life
William Leonard Roberts II, also known as Rick Ross, is an American rapper born on the 28th of January, 1976 in Coahoma County, Mississippi.
Apart from being known as a rapper, he is a songwriter, producer, record executive, and CEO.
He has a lot of jobs.
No wonder Rick Ross’ net worth is a staggering $42 million.
Rick Ross has sold millions worth of albums and tens of millions worth of singles. Throughout his entire career, he was hailed as one of the ten highest-paid rappers in the world.
As a matter of fact, his total earnings have now reached circa $85 million.
Rick worked as a corrections officer for over 18 months but made his debut under the name Teflon Da Don.
He since switched to being called “Rick Ross” in the mid-2000s which was inspired by “Freeway” Rick Ross, an ex-drug lord.
He has four children whom he named after his name William Leonard Roberts – Toie Roberts, William Roberts III, Berkeley Hermes Roberts, and Billion Leonard Roberts.
Rick Ross, being a self-proclaimed Christian himself, said, “I had told myself at one point no matter what I go through, I never question God.”
He went on to say that praying is part of his routine everytime he goes on stage to perform.
Business Ventures, Investments, and Endorsements
Owing to Rick Ross’ popularity in the rap world, in 2009, he was able to start his own record label that he named Maybach Music Group which then went on to work with Meek Mill, Omarion, and Wale.
A good amount of his fortune comes from his Wingstop brand of restaurants. By 2016, his net worth had pumped up to $10 million.
Brands like mCog e-Cigarettes and Luc Belaire were among his endorsements.
Rick Ross Earnings By Year
Rick Ross’ net worth is nothing short of astounding.
During Ross’ first few years, he had pretty decent earnings. His 2006 earnings from the ‘Port of Miami’ record sales reached a total of $800,000.
This was thanks to the 750,000 copies sold in the United States alone.
Then came 2008 and his earnings on the Trilla record sales reached $685,000 – having sold over 645,000 copies. Only a year after that, his total earnings from ‘Deepr Than Rap’ made him $465,000 richer.
His combined earnings from 2006 to 2009 have reached over $6 million.
In 2010, he amassed a total of $5 million, $760,000 of which was from his estimated profit on the ‘Teflon Da Don’ record sales (724,000 copies sold).
A year later, he was a million dollars richer ($6 million).
By 2012, Rick’s total record sales on ‘God Forgives, I Don’t’ reached a total of $600,000.
Ross’ earnings for 2014 and 2015 were $7 million and $9 million.
Rick Ross Philanthropy
Ross is one to spend millions of dollars on luxurious things but he wouldn’t hesitate to help charitable causes too.
In fact, Rick Ross’s charity, the Rick Ross Charities, Inc., has donated dozens of turkeys to Miami families during Thanksgiving holiday
William Leonard Roberts II doesn’t joke around when it comes to philanthropy.
The charity’s aim is to inspire other hip-hop personalities to give back to the community.
Apart from his own charity, Ross also supports ‘The Children’s Trust’ and ‘The Urban League of Greater Miami.’ He’s also an advocate for at-risk or disadvantaged and the underprivileged youth.
In 2014, he opened his home (uhh…mansion) to underprivileged kids. He generously did this so the kids could enjoy all the amenities his gigantic mansion has to offer.
To say that Rick Ross loves kids is a huge understatement.
How Rick Ross Spends His Money
The rap icon is just as equally lavish as he is charitable.
He’s spent millions of dollars on his “toys” but he also wouldn’t hesitate spending millions of dollars on the underprivileged.
His heart is as big as he is.
Rick Ross Houses
Considering Rick Ross’ net worth of over $40M, it’s not so much of a surprise when he purchases a gigantic mansion that sits in a 54,000-foot property. Rick Ross’ lovely Georgia home was acquired in 2016.
Ross’ mansion is nothing short of luxurious and lavish with a total number of 109 rooms, 12 of which are bedrooms and 21 are bathrooms.
The 5.8-million-dollar home was originally owned by legendary boxer Evander Holyfield.
Of course, a mansion wouldn’t be a mansion without its own home theater, bowling alley, and a huge swimming pool.
Also within the 54,000-foot property are a baseball field, an indoor pool, a recording studio, a guest house, and (surprise) a separate boxing gym.
Rick Ross Cars
As if his amazing property wasn’t enough, he matched it with his eight luxury cars – BMW 760Li, Fisker Karma, Cadillac Escalada SUV, Bentley Continental Supersports, Rolls Royce Phantom, silver white Hummer H2, Mercedes-Benz CLS, and his favorite, the Maybach 57s.
Not only is he fond of four-wheeled rides, he’s also a fan of the Aprilia motorbike which he purchased for $35,000.
His fans have seen him drive and own luxury cars like his Porsche Carrera GT, Cadillac Escalade, Lamborghini Murcielago, Lexus LS 460 Sedan, and Mercedes S65. In addition to that, Woods’ also owns private yachts and a private jet.
- Ross owns a vintage video game (Coleco to Xbox). He plays with these video games when he’s in the process of recording an album so as to de-stress himself.
- He got his very first tattoo at the age of 13. He has over 500 tattoos.
- His friends call him “Ricky Rozay” because of his love for champagne. Belaire is his favorite, which is why he signed a deal with the brand.
- Rick is a devout Christian who always prays at night. According to a source, his favorite Bible verse is Psalms 27:1-4.
- While Ross’ real name is William Roberts, Meek Mill’s is Robert Williams.
- Rick owns one of the largest residential pools in the U.S.
- Ross is a huge Adele fan since the female singer released his album “21.” This was the reason why Ross went on to do a remix of the singer’s “Hello.”
5 Lessons From Rick Ross
- Learn about the importance of saving. Now this may be a bit cliche but it resonates with everyone. The moment Ross first signed a record deal, he didn’t do anything. He didn’t spend. He didn’t splurge. The cars and mansion that he has now were non-existent then. He had a lot bigger plans than meet the eye. He went on to say, “Where I was from, getting money, talking about homes and being an entrepreneur – that really wasn’t the priority in Miami.”
- Stick to what you do best. It’s been a while since Rick Ross finally splurged on his luxuries. So when he finally did spend a lot, he decided it would be on a real property. “Real estate was always my go-to thing. I’m one of them dudes quick to say I’m not into what I can’t see,” he said. He went on to add that he owes this passion to his mom.
- “Every day is a new opportunity to reach that goal.” Treat your goal as if it’s your most sought-after reward after a long strenuous marathon. Every lap has obstacles that you need to overcome or jump over. That was Ross’ mantra that’s why he’s so successful.
- “Every boss started as a worker.” Just as much as every leader started as a follower, every CEO may have started as a regular employee. Any teacher started with being a student. One doesn’t immediately reach great heights in just a snap of the finger.
- “You gotta judge a man by his principles.” Who you are is defined by the kind of character you have. And your character is solely based on your principles in life.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Why is Rick Ross so rich?
Due to the success in his music career, Rick Ross’s wealth has come from a combination of record sales, performances, and his work as a record executive – According to BounceMojo.com
How much is Rick Ross worth?
Rick Ross has a Net Worth of a gut-busting $ 42 million! – According to BounceMojo.com
How did Rick Ross lose weight?
Rick Ross shed nearly 100 pounds in seven months by eating healthier foods and embracing a high-intensity workout plan.
Summary: Rick Ross Net Worth
You’ve finally reached the end of this article and have hopefully gotten to know Rick Ross a little better than you did before?
What are your biggest takeaways from him? Do you see him as one of the people you can draw inspiration from?
So true that every boss started as a worker – some would do well to remember that right!
I hope you enjoyed this article. You might also want to check out Rick Ross’s Bounce Mojo Bio too. Check out the memes!