Tiger Woods Net Worth: Tiger Woods is an American pro golfer with a yearly income of circa $50 million and a net worth of $800 million.
He is the highest-earning golfer in history and the highest-paid celebrity in the world
In this article, we’re going to be diving more into Tiger Woods’ net worth. We’ll look at:
- His Golfing Career, with year by year earnings
- His Houses, Cars & Planes
- How He Spends His Money
Let’s start with Tiger Woods’ net worth over the years.
Brief Overview: Tiger Woods’ Net Worth
|Net Worth: $1 Million|
|Date of Birth: June 7, 1975|
|Relationship Status: Divorced|
|Profession: Golf Player|
|Related: Tiger Woods Biography|
Tiger Woods Net Worth
Here is a look into how Tiger Woods’ Net Worth has grown through time since 2000:
|Year||Net Worth $|
|2011||$ 555 million|
|2012||$ 622 million|
|2013||$ 696 million|
|2014||$ 746 million|
|2015||$ 796 million|
|2016||$ 825 million|
|2017||$ 740 million|
|2018||$ 800 million|
|2019||$ 800 million|
|2020||$ 900 million|
The chart shows the growth of Woods’s earnings. The huge dip on the graph was after his divorce settlement in 2010 with his former wife, Elin Nordegren. And if that settlement had never happened, he would now have a net worth of $950 million in 2020.
Not far short of a billion dollars. Pretty good huh?
Tiger Woods Early Life
Since we already know Tiger Woods net worth, let’s take a look into his early life, and learn all about the beginning of his journey.
Born on December 30, 1975, Eldrick Tont Woods, was the only child of a Thai mother and African-American soldier father.
It was his father who gave him his moniker “Tiger” in honor of one of his father’s fellow officers.
Aside from that, his father was the one who first taught and mentored him on how to play golf.
And when he turned just eight years old, Woods became a golf prodigy which led to his infamous career.
Want to know more?
Read it in his Bounce Mojo Bio.
Business Ventures Endorsements & Products
So, what endorsement deals, business ventures, and products contributed to his booming net income?
To find out more, we have this for you:
Endorsements & Products
21-year old Woods’ started his glorious years in 1997 when he won the U.S. Masters at Augusta with a score of 270 that amazed the sport and led to his infamous career.
He was the youngest person to get that award. This also attracted many sponsorship deals – some offering small deals of $1 million per advertisement to long-term partnerships that paid $10 million or more annually.
One of his biggest deals was with the sports-theme beverage company, Gatorade, where he earned about $40.3 million yearly in 2007 and 2009.
He took a total of $120.9m before his contract with Gatorade ended. After Gatorade, was shoe-brand Nike, who offered Woods’ an annual $8m contract (started in 1996) which gradually increased to $17.5m in 2001; however, his partnership with Nike ended in 2017.
That same year, he agreed to a deal with Nike’s competitor, TaylorMade by Adidas.
Tiger Woods Investments
Aside from endorsements, Woods’ also ventured into a business where he created his own brand called TGR – Tiger Woods Ventures. This included his restaurant and sports lounge in Jupiter, Florida called The Woods; his renowned golf course design firm named TGR design; and TGR Live that manages his charity events that benefit his TGR Foundation.
Woods scored $82m in total net worth in 2007; $60m came from endorsements alone and $22m from his golf prize money. Woods won the World Golf Championship and the Professional Golf Association Championship in the same year which encouraged more partnerships with different companies.
In 2008, Woods had arthroscopic surgery for his left knee despite winning the U.S. Open that year. It was also in the year when his net worth declined to $67m from the previous year’s $82m due to having lower Tiger Woods’ winnings because of his knee issues.
2009 wasn’t the best year for Woods’ golfing career since it was the first time he finished off a year without winning any major championships. However, despite his low acquired income from being a professional golfer, he was still one of the most highly paid endorsers during this year.
This resulted in an increase in his net worth to a total of $121m both from partnerships and his golf prize money.
From 2007-2009, he earned a whopping $270m in total for Tiger Woods net worth and this only refers to his income from both paid partnerships with brands and golf prize money.
Tiger Woods Philanthropy
Woods’ isn’t only a professional golfer, businessman, and endorser – he is also a renowned philanthropist. When he created the Tiger Woods Foundation in 1996, he had the goal to help out unfortunate youth attend classes and college education. He also opened learning centers in low-income areas and offered scholarships for deserving financially challenged students through the Earl Woods Scholarship Program provided by the same foundation.
How Tiger Woods Spends His Money
This is the part where we see how a $900 Million net worth guy spends his prize money, and find out what assets this famous golfer has and how much they cost.
Tiger Woods House
Amongst the real estate cause this is the former house of Tiger and his ex-wife Elin Nordegren. Aside from that, he also owns a $54M mansion on his estate in Jupiter Island.
Tiger Woods Cars
They say cars are toys for the big boys – and Woods is definitely one of these boys. These toys are proof of where Tiger Woods’ worth net goes.
His fans have seen him drive and own luxury cars like his Porsche Carrera GT, Cadillac Escalade, Lamborghini Murcielago, Lexus LS 460 Sedan, and Mercedes S65. In addition to that, Woods’ also owns private yachts and a private jet.
- Little Woods actually started playing golf at the age of 2! And when he turned 3, he already shot a 48 over nine holes in a golf course where he and his father played.
- He wrote a book entitled “How I Play Golf” which was also named as the best-selling golf instruction book of all time. He sold around 1.5 million copies in 2001.
- His mother was Buddhist and raised Woods with a religious background.
- He took part in his very first tournament and began his career when he was just 13 in 1989, and competed in his first major national tournament as a junior golfer in the same year.
- He studied at Stanford, however, after attending university for two years he left and went to pursue golf as his professional career.
- Tiger Woods’ net worth mostly came from his partnerships with brands rather than from his prize money. In fact, he only acquired $122.5 million from all his golf tournaments through the years.
5 Lessons From Tiger Woods
Want to think like Woods and follow the mindset he has in order to succeed in life and his career?
Good on you!
Here are five lessons from Tiger Woods.
- “Winning is not always the barometer of getting better.” – Tiger Woods
- “The only thing you can do is take a learning experience from it, positives and negatives, and apply them to the future. What did you do right, what did you do wrong, and I did a lot of things right this week.” – Tiger Woods
- “I just didn’t start off very well and it was a long day. All-day I was grinding, but I stayed as patient as possible and I have three more days to get back into it. I will go home, relax, and put this day behind me.” – Tiger Woods
- “Achievements on the golf course are not what matters, decency and honesty are what matter.” – Tiger Woods
- “If you are given a chance to be a role model, I think you should always take it because you can influence a person’s life in a positive light, and that’s what I want to do. That’s what it’s all about.” – Tiger Woods
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Is Tiger Woods a billionaire?
Not Quite Yet – Tiger Woods is worth an eye watering $900 Million USD – according to BouceMojo.com
What is the net worth of Tiger Woods ex wife?
Elin Nordegren net worth is USD $120 million – According to BounceMojo.com
How much does Tiger Woods make a year from Nike?
Tiger’s first contract with Nike in 1996 was over 5 years for $40 million. In 2012 Tiger Woods signed another 5 year contact for an estimated $100 million and then an 8-year deal in 2006 for an estimated $20-40 million annually — According to BounceMojo.com
Does Tiger Woods own a jet?
Tiger Woods has a Gulfstream G550 costing $53 million – According to BounceMojo.com
Summary: Tiger Woods Net Worth
So there you have it, I’m sure you’ll agree, Tiger Woods has had a hell of a career.
My biggest takeaway from this is once you plan to reach a dream, nothing can ever stop you as long as you keep on trying.
But, I also particularly liked how Woods never gave up despite his losses in 2009.
I hope you enjoyed this article – you might also want to check out Tiger’s Bounce Mojo Bio, and the Best Memes.