Share this article:
Bounce Mojo is a leading player of Celebrity News, Reviews, Entertainment and Top 10 of Everything. We sometimes use affiliate links and may receive a small commission on your purchase. Learn more…
Steve Harvey Net Worth: Steve Harvey is an American comedian, Award-winning show host, and entrepreneur who has a net worth of $200 million.
He is best known for, The Steve Harvey Morning Show, Family Feud, and “Celebrity Family Feud.
After hours of research, we’re stoked to bring you the details of Steve Harvey’s Net Worth and career earings
We’ll be looking at:
- How he made his fortune, net worth, and career earning
- His Houses and Cars.
- How he likes to spend his/her money
It’s an interesting career – my favorite part is his real estate investment strategy – take a look below!
Let’s get started…
Brief Overview: Steve Harvey
- Steve Harvey Net Worth: $200 million
- Date of Birth: January 17, 1957
- Gender: Male
- Relationship Status: Married – Marjorie Elaine Harvey
- Children: 7 – Lori, Jason, Morgan, Karli, Brandi, Broderick Jr., Wynton
- Profession: Comedian, Actor, Host, Entertainer
- Nationality: American
- Last Updated: 2021
Related: Steve Harvey Biography
How Much Is Steve Harvey Worth?
The award winning tv host – Steve Harvey – is best known for the hit shows “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” and “Family Feud”.
… stepping back in time, he started his route to fame as a stand up comedian, at age 27 – much later than most.
Throughout his career, Harvey has dabbled in writing, producing and film acting – taking on diverse roles in the industry – a man of many talents!
Although Steve didn’t initially set out to become a stand up comedian or show host…
…his climb to fame has given him a generous $45 million salary – making Harvey one of the most successful talk show hosts in the world!
With this in mind, Steve Harvey has built a whopping net worth of $200 million USD!
|Year||Net Worth $|
Steve Harvey Early Life
Born January 17 1957 in Welch, West Virginia… Broderick Stephen “Steve” Harvey was the youngest of 5 children.
Steve grew up with very little money… moving at a young age to a farm in Cleveland, Ohio – where they lived off the land.
Steve graduated from Glenville High School in 1974 before attending Kent State University and later West Virginia University.
After college Harvey had a number of jobs including a carpet cleaner, insurance salesman, mailman and even a boxer!
In 1985 Steve Harvey ventured into the world of comedy… debuting his career at the Hilarities Comedy Club in Cleveland, Ohio.
Harvey was homeless for 3 years in the late 1980s… sleeping in the back of his 1976 Ford, whilst touring for gigs.
In 1990 the comedian landed his first hosting job “It’s Showtime at the Apollo”… after being a finalist in the Second Annual Johnnie Walker National Comedy Search.
Steve hosted the show for 7 years.
In 1997 the comedian went on the Kings of Comedy Tour – one of the highest earning comedy tours of all time… grossing an incredible $37 million.
Following this success… Harvey landed a number of other roles and opportunities, including:
- 1994 ABC’s “Me and the Boys”
- 1996-2002 “The Steve Harvey Show”
- 2000- present “The Steve Harvey Morning Show”
- 2003 “The Fighting Temptations”
- 2003 “Love Don’t Cost a Thing”
- 2006 “Steven Harvey: Don’t Trip. He Ain’t Through with Me Yet”
Want to know more?
Read everything there is to know in his Bounce Mojo Bio!
Steve Harvey Business Ventures Endorsements & Products
In 2012 Steve performed his final show at MGM Grand in Las Vegas – ending his 27 year career as a stand up comedian.
Thanks to Harvey’s success as a dynamic and engaging host… in 2010 Harvey landed his most recognized gig as show host of the well known family game show – “Family Feud”.
He has since reached modern fame through YouTube… being the focus of many viral videos, reacting to inappropriate and incorrect answers on the show.
In 2013 Harvey was nominated for both the Outstanding Talk Show Host and Outstanding Game Show Host Daytime, at the Emmy awards – the first double-nominated host in history.
That same year… Harvey received a star on the Hollywood walk of fame – what an achievement!
In 2009 Steve began writing, publishing a number of books… focusing on relationships and success.
(If you want to read any of his books, follow the Amazon links below)
In 2014 Steve Harvey launched his own dating site, Delightful… a joint venture with the media company IAC.
In 2016-2019 together with Ellen DeGeneres… Harvey co-created the hit series “Little Big Shots” – showcasing talented young children and their incredible abilities.
In 2017… Harvey united all of his business ventures under Steven Harvey Global (SHG).
Under the umbrella of SHG are both the production company East One Twelve and Harvey Events.
The group also owns the rights to the international versions of “Family Feud”.
Harvey continues to create various projects under SHG… including the Sand and Soul Festival – started in 2017. The festival features live music, comedy and a Q&A with Harvey himself.
Steve Harvey Investments
Steve has a clear strategy when it comes to investments…
…he believes the best investment for disposable income is real estate, and here’s why:
- Flexibility – unlike stocks that you either keep or sell, real estate has a number of options… you can renovate it, resell it, lease, rent on Airbnb or subdivide.
- Stability – real estate has more stable growth, reducing risk – and overall a safer investment. You won’t be pulling your hair out over a couple of cents loss at any one time, you’re in it for the long haul.
- Tax breaks – in certain situations homeowners don’t have to pay taxes on gains from their investment properties.
- Community – real estate can help boost a community… providing work for contractors and workers, as well as increasing the local tax revenue.
- Income – real estate provides the opportunity to generate income all year round from rent. And… in the long term there’s exponential growth!
Steve has also invested in stocks for application software and monitoring equipment companies.
Steve Harvey Career Earnings By Year
It’s safe to say Steve Harvey has had a mad career… but just how much does the Family Feud host earn?
Throughout his career, the host has earned a consistent $ 40 million… with at least $10 million from hosting Family Feud.
Here’s a breakdown:
|Year||Net Worth $|
Steve Harvey Books
In 2009 Harvey’s journey as an author began, reeling off the first of many books… including:
Harvey has also been the feature of a number of shows… including:
Steve Harvey Philanthropy
In 2010 Steve and wife Marjorie set up The Steve and Marjorie Foundation – to provide outreach services to youths in urban and diverse communities.
The aim of the foundation is to help ready the next generation of responsible leaders by providing scholarships, mentoring and life transformation skills.
The foundation strives to be the change in fostering excellence in education, health and social wellbeing in urban and diverse communities, ensuring their needs are met.
In 2015 Steve Harvey partnered with Coca-Cola to motivate moms and teens through the then new Coca-Cola pay it forward academy.
The program is aimed at African Americans… mentoring teens to influence their lives whilst supporting and empowering their moms. The academy prepares teens for higher education.
As well as running his own foundation, Harvey has been seen to donate towards NAACP and United Negro College Fund – something I’m sure is close to his heart.
How Steve Harvey Spends His Money
Steve invests a large portion of his income on investments such as real estate…
… he also uses it to fund his lavish lifestyle. The family loves going on holiday and enjoys cool cars.
As well as his lifestyle, Steve channels his income into his foundation and other business ventures.
Steve Harvey Houses
Steve Harvey owns some pretty amazing properties across the US, including…
- 34,688 ft2 Atlanta mansion… formerly owned by Tyler Perry. The property comes complete with 17 acres, a 70,000 gallon infinity pool and a spa.
- 11,234 ft2 Beverly Park, Los Angeles mansion. The California based home consists of 5 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms, a screening room, maids quarter and library. The property also comes with a 1,000 ft2 guest house – I wouldn’t mind staying in there next time you need a dog-sitter Steve!
- 5,500 ft2 penthouse, situated on the 88th floor of Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago, Illinois. The star later sold the penthouse to move to LA.
- 9,258 ft2 Atlanta, Georgia 6 bedroom, 8 bathroom home.
- 7,430 ft2 Little Elm, Texas mansion. The 5 bedroom, 6 bathroom mansion comes complete with 3.67 acres of land.
Steve obviously has a love for the state of Texas, formerly owning 2 other mansions in the area…
- 11,657 ft225 acre, 5 bed, 6 bath mansion in Plano Texas. Complete with a swimming pool and spa.
- 5,135 ft2 property in Frisco, Texas. Complete with a private creek, a pool, 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
He has quite a portfolio, right?
Steve Harvey Cars, Planes and Boats
Revealed on his social media… It’s no secret Steve Harvey has a love for boats, planes and cars. He allegedly rents a private jet for an incredible $ 97,000 a month.
He’s built up a crisp white car collection… including:
- Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe
- Bentley Mulsanne
- Rolls Royce Ghost
- Black Rolls Royce Phantom
Think he likes the Rolls!
Despite living in the public eye… here are some facts about Steve Harvey’s life you might not already know:
- Harvey grew up on a farm with little money… with 13 sharing a one bathroom house – that’s a lot of waiting your turn…
- Harvey almost missed his breakthrough – “Showtime at the Apollo”. With $35 to his name he had only a few days to travel from Florida to New York. In order to cover his airfare Harvey booked a couple of comedy gigs that weekend to cover the cost!
- As a child… Harvey was nicknamed Va-Va-Voom after an incident where he stuttered on the letter ‘v’ whilst trying to say Volcano. Thankfully a man working at the local deli helped him overcome his speech problem.
- Harvey plans his path on a vision board… showing each of his business and career ventures.
- Harvey went to Kent State, majoring in advertising… attending with a fellow comedian Arsenio Hall.
5 Lessons From Steve Harvey
With Harvey’s net worth topping a hefty $200 million there’s a lot we can learn from the show host’s success.
Here are 5 lessons from Harvey’s career:
- Somebody will always find wrong in everything you do but… it doesn’t matter what they say because what they say doesn’t matter.
- Imagination… write down your thoughts and dreams. Education isn’t everything, it’s all about your aspiration.
- Identify your gift, use your gift. Once you have found what you are good at… it will change your life.
- Be generous, be giving… give back, whether that’s money or knowledge.
- Dress how you want to be addressed. In order to be taken seriously… look the part.
And remember… be extraordinary, be crazy, don’t be regular!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
How much does Steve Harvey make per show?
Our research shows Steve allegedly earns an estimated $20,000 for every half-hour episode of Family Feud. According to the stats, there were 175 episodes of the game show in Season 21, and 200 episodes in Season 20 from back in 2019. We figure thats $3.5 million each season for Steve. Not bad huh?
What is Steve Harvey’s annual salary?
Steve Harvey is in the top 5 annual TV show host earners – research suggests his annual salary is an incredible $44 million.
Summary: Steve Harvey Net Worth
So there you have it, I’m sure you’ll agree, Steve Harvey has had a hell of a career.
My biggest takeaway from this is… his attitude towards disposable income and investments but I also particularly liked his generosity and willingness to give back.
And to live through three years of homelessness must have really reinforced his tenacity.
I hope you enjoyed this article – you might also want to check out Steve Harvey’s Bio, and the Best Steve Harvey Memes.
Put the Bounce in your Mojo today!