Share this article:
Bounce Mojo is a leading player of Celebrity News, Reviews, Entertainment and Top 10 of Everything. We sometimes use affiliate links and may receive a small commission on your purchase. Learn more…
Dave Ramsey Net Worth & Earnings: Dave Ramsey is an American radio show host, author, and entrepreneur, best known for his radio show, ‘The Dave Ramsey Show’ with a net worth of $55 million.
Ramsey is a five The New York Times bestseller and one of America’s most trusted sources for financial advice.
In this article, we’re going to look under the hood of Ramsey’s net worth and earnings, including:
- Career history & Earning
- His houses, cars, and planes
- How he likes to spend his money
- His key lessons to financial freedom
- and much more!
Let’s get started…
Dave Ramsey Quick Overview:
- Net Worth: $200 Million USD
- Date of Birth: 3rd September 1960
- Gender: Male
- Relationship Status: Married – Sharon Ramsey (1982)
- Children: 3 – Rachel Cruze, Denise Ramsey, Daniel Ramsey
- Profession: Radio Show Host, Financial Advisor, Motivational Speaker, Author (Business Man)
- Nationality: American
- Last Updated: 2020
Related: Dave Ramsey Bio
How Much Is Dave Ramsey Worth?
During his early life, Ramsey graduated from the University of Tennessee leaving with a degree in Finance and Real Estate.
He invested in housing with a portfolio worth more than $4 million at just 26 years old.
…struggling to pay his loan repayments and landing in a mountain of debt, Ramsey declared bankruptcy 2 years later.
After recovering from his financial problems, Ramsey began building his fortune giving financial advice through various platforms.
He created podcasts, live events, a radio show and workshops, as well as publishing books and building a portfolio of rental properties once again – overall increasing his net worth to an estimated $200 million.
Crazy stuff, right?
Dave Ramsey Early Life:
Ramsey began his life in Antioch, Tennessee. He was raised by his parents … who heavily influenced his early career.
From a young age Ramsey was taught to be hard working. At 12 his father told him he was ‘old enough to get a job’ … kickstarting Ramsey’s business career. A little young huh?
A young entrepreneur…
…throughout highschool Ramsey created a number of business ventures, including a lawn care enterprise and a leather bracelet business.
Through his ventures, Ramsey learnt key skills – which later would be put to good use.
At the age of 18 Ramsey chose to go to college in his home state of Tennessee.
Following in his parents footsteps he studied Finance and Real Estate, setting himself up for his early career.
Want to know more?
Read everything there is to know in his Bounce Mojo Bio!
Business Ventures, Endorsements & Products
After declaring bankruptcy at 28, Ramsey began his loan-less journey of becoming financially free.
He started by attending ‘Finance’ talks and he counselled couples at his local church – he’s a devout Christian.
From this Ramsey developed his own material and formed lessons on how to achieve financial freedom.
As interest in his published material grew…
…he ventured into other projects such as books, online videos, podcasts and additional courses.
Meanwhile, in 1992 Ramsey started his radio career co-hosting ‘The Money Game’ which later developed into ‘The Dave Ramsey Show’ – aired on more than 500 radio stations across America and Canada.
Although Ramsey made money through TV and radio…
… he again found further opportunity selling financial advice to church members.
This gave him a large group of people willing to pay for his courses.
Ramsey related to his market, advising customers how to spend their money as a responsible Christian.
Ramsey has also set up the ‘Financial Peace University’ and the Foundation’s High School Program – taught to over 4 million students across 50 states.
Dave Ramsey Investments
Dave Ramsey Products
Dave Ramsey Career Earnings By Year
During his early career working in Real Estate, Ramsey was earning $250,000 per annum… not bad for a 26-year-old.
through finding his niche, Ramsey currently earns in excess of $10 million USD a year.
How Dave Ramsey Spends His Money:
Ramsey has a clear personal investment style …
… always avoiding the use of external finance and loans.
He encourages investment in mutual funds, not individual stock, looking for a record of good performance.
He invests in four types of mutual funds:
- Growth and Income
- Aggressive growth
Ramsey has also built a portfolio of rental properties whilst again avoiding debt financing.
Dave Ramsey’s House
Unsurprisingly Ramsey built his own house, purchasing the plot in 2008…
… he built a 3 level 13,000 sq ft living area with a 1,500 sq ft garage valued in 2010 at over $4.9 million.
Plenty of room for the kids eh?
He also owns other property including a lake house with a boat and a large portfolio of rentals.
The boat is a MasterCraft ski boat, which he uses during visits to their beach house each summer.
Get a load of that lifestyle…
Dave Ramsey is said to have a large classic car collection, including:
- 1959 Jaguar XK150 S
- 1967 Jaguar XKE 4.2
- 2005 Porsche 911 S
- 1934 DeSoto Airflow
- 1975 Corvette Stingray
- 1966 Mustang Convertible
- 1948 Chrysler Town and Country
- 1931 Ford Model A Coupe
- 1952 Cessna 195
- 1946 Cessna 120
- 1978 Beechcraft Bonanza
Ramsey has 10 defined steps he takes when he buys a car, highlighting the importance of negotiation…
… let’s face it – he probably did some pretty good deals on those, right?
As well as a car collection he also has a few planes in the hangar.
Ramsey has achieved a great deal in his lifetime, here are a few lesser known things about him:
- Ramsey has sold over 11 million books worldwide, with 7 of his 15 books being Best Sellers.
- 5 million people have participated in his Financial Peace University since it began in 1994.
- Ramsey was featured on the Oprah Winfrey Show in 2005.
- Ramsey has 3 children, one of whom followed in his footsteps to become an author.
- Ramsey loves hats – it’s possible he wears them to hide his hair loss.
Dave Ramsey Philanthropy
Ramsey is famous for saying…
…“Live like no one else, so later you can live and give like no one else”.
Through his success, he set up Ramsey Solutions – “helping people regain control of their money, build wealth, develop leadership and gain better lives through their development”.
How does he measure his success?
…by the number of lives changed by his message of hope.
He conveys his message through:
- Live events
- Radio shows
- Digital products
Ramsey employs 850 people to focus on work that matters.
Ramsey has also set up Jackson Charitable Solutions – “providing economic opportunities that build strong communities”.
The organisation provides personal financial education to high school students
Ramsey’s Core Idea
Dave’s core strategy is to achieve financial freedom as follows:
- Pay a minimum on all your debts – until you have an emergency fund saved. This fund can be raised easily through selling things on eBay or online stores.
- Debt snowball – pay off all personal debts excluding a mortgage, before investing in opportunities.
- Emergency fund – save 3 to 6 months of expenses to keep as a reserve.
- Retirement account – save 15% of all income in a retirement account to make sure you’re financially stable in the future.
- Pay off your mortgage – now you’re able to invest.
Dave believes that once you’ve achieved these five lessons and reached financial freedom, you can comfortably invest in opportunities and become rich.
5 Lessons From Dave Ramsey:
There are many lessons we can learn from Ramsey and his lifestyle …… below are some key points:
- Financial Freedom – DON’T rely on anyone … banks collapse and people lose their jobs. Ensure you have funds to support yourself in the future, these can be earned from Dave’s 7 steps to financial freedom.
- Budget – If you budget for your income and expenditure, you won’t be in for any nasty surprises. “Instead of wondering where your money went, you’ll be telling it where to go.”
- Responsible Spending – Just because you have money doesn’t mean you have to spend it. Millionaires still shop at Walmart!
- Love – Remember to love, otherwise life will pass by before you know it. It can be a great motivator.
- Happiness is not for sale – you can’t buy happiness! Make sure to cherish your life.
These are some of Dave’s greatest lessons.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How much was Dave Ramsey in debt?
Dave Ramsey Company built a real estate portfolio of approx $4 million by 1986 and had $3.3 million in debt, which netted him $1 million.
How much does Dave Ramsey say you should spend on a car?
Dave Ramsey recommends that you don’t buy a new car until your net worth is more than $1 million. Then he goes on to say, the total value of your ALL YOUR vehicles (basically anything with an engine) must never be more than half of your annual household income.
What fund does Dave Ramsey recommend?
Dave Ramsey mutual fund investment strategy, he suggests that you hold four mutual funds in your 401(k) or IRA: a growth fund, income fund, international fund and an aggressive growth fund
What does Dave Ramsey say about stocks?
Dave Ramsey doesn’t recommend investing in single stocks – Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
Summary: Dave Ramsey Net Worth
So there you have it, I’m sure you’ll agree, Dave Ramsey has had a hell of a career.
My biggest takeaway from this is Dave’s advice on how to achieve financial freedom, but I also particularly liked the way he helps others within the community and church.
I’m sure there’s a lot we can learn both from his mistakes and his successes.
I hope you enjoyed this article – you might also want to check out Dave’s bio, and the best Dave Ramsey memes.