Dave Chappelle Wife, Elaine Mendosa Erfe is the woman behind the success that is Dave Chappelle.
If you’re a big fan of the stand-up comedian, Dave Chappelle, then you’ll want to check out his very special Wife.
Today, we’re going to give you a comprehensive look at Dave Chappelle’s wife – and her life before and after the famous funny guy came into it.
We’re going to take a look at:
- Her early life, childhood, and education
- The big personal sacrifice she made for Dave and their kids…
- How she met Comedian Dave Chappelle?
Are you ready?
Hang on tight, we’re off…
Who Is Dave Chappelle’s Wife?
Elaine Mendosa Erfe now Elaine Chappelle is the wife and mother of the American superstar, Dave Chappelle’s children.
Elaine Chappelle was born in Brooklyn, New York City USA, and is best known for being the wife of comedian Dave Chappelle.
|Martial Status: Married|
|Date of Birth: 31.08.74|
|Current Occupation: Housewife|
|Languages: Filipino, American-English|
|Height: 163 cm|
|Weight: 55 kg|
The Young Elaine Chappelle
Elaine Mendoza Erfe was born on August 31, 1974. She was raised in a traditional Christian household, all thanks to her Filipino bloodline.
Her parents are both Filipino, but Elaine didn’t grow up in the Philippines.
Elaine grew up in Brooklyn, New York, where she met her husband, Dave Chappelle.
When she was younger, she dreamed of becoming a chef.
Things didn’t turn out quite the way she wanted…
Elaine finished a degree in Mass Communication at Hunter College and is currently a housewife and businesswoman.
Elaine Chappelle Personal Life & Relationships
How Dave Met Elaine
Dave Chappelle has been in the entertainment industry for years…
But, only a few know much about his his beautiful wife.
That’s why in this bio, we’ll talk about how Dave Chappelle and Elaine first hooked up.
Many reports show the couple met in Brooklyn.
Many also assume that Dave met his wife Elaine when he moved to New York after high school.
Dave shared in one of his interviews that his wife Elaine was hesitant to date him at first because he already had a degree of fame.
But, after some persuasion, Elaine gave him a chance.
Fast forward a little…
Dave Chappelle Wife and Dave started dating in 1995 and were in a relationship for five years before tying the knot.
Eventually, they married privately in 2001.
Dave agreed to a quiet ceremony to show respect for his wife’s decision to keep things intimate and away from the spotlight.
They made their first public appearance as a married couple in a Philippine-American picnic in 2002.
Even though Chappelle doesn’t give much away publicly about his personal life – he sometimes talks about his wife during interviews.
For example, in 2017 he shared with Hot 97 that it’s his wife who tells him about his critics’ comments made after his standup stints.
He added that Elaine also gives him advice on how to deal with his haters and constant critics.
The two are blessed with three beautiful kids, namely: Suleyman Chappelle, Ibrahim Chappelle, and Sanaa Chappelle.
In case you’re wondering…
Their kids’ names are inspired by Islam culture because Dave Chappelle is now Muslim.
Elaine Chappelle Education
Elaine Chappelle finished her studies at Hunter College in 1996.
She has a degree in Mass Communication, majoring in Media Studies.
Dave Chappelle Wife Elaine Chappelle Career
Ohio Store Opening – 2013
In 2013, Dave Chappelle’s wife opened her store in Ohio. She named it Sweet Sanaa – a shoes and accessories store, which was inspired by her daughter’s name.
They Tie The Knot – 2001
Dave Chappelle and Elaine Mendoza Erfe tied the knot in 2001.
The couple had a private ceremony.
Lifetime Television – 1998
Elaine worked as an Art Department Coordinator for Lifetime Television in 1998. She worked in the industry for a year and eight months.
Penguin Group – 1997
In 1997, fresh graduate Elaine Chappelle became a publicity assistant for the Penguin Group USA. She worked there for a year and three months.
Interesting Facts About Elaine Chappelle
- She loves Brooklyn – she spent her childhood and most of her life there.
- Elaine Chappelle prefers to keep a lowkey lifestyle and prefers to stay away from the paparazzi.
- Dave Chappelle’s wife is a Christian, which is a different religion from her husband (he’s Muslim).
- She always wanted to become a chef.
- She is Dave Chappelle’s biggest fan and can be seen supporting him from backstage during his tours.
- In 2017, Dave Chappelle dedicated his Hollywood Palladium show to his wife Elaine Chappelle.
- Dave Chappelle’s Wife has a height of 5’4 which you can see whenever she’s with her husband – the difference is clear as he’s a full 6 feet tall.
Elaine Chappelle’s Business Interests
Dave Chappelle’s wife Elaine co owned a shop in Yellow Springs, Ohio named Sweet Sanaa. It was a “shoes and accessories” business which opened in 2013.
Elaine and her business partners wanted to offer fashionable footwear to residents of Yellow Springs – hence they opened a boutique type of shoe store.
According to Dave Chappelle’s Wife, they wanted to give the people options.
Unfortunately, the store closed in 2020 due to the effects of the pandemic.
3 Lessons From Elaine Chappelle
- It’s alright to sacrifice your dreams for better things. Despite her dreams of wanting to become a chef, Elaine Chappelle sacrificed them and chose to be a businesswoman and housewife.
- Stay lowkey even if you’re worth millions. If there’s one thing we know about the couple, it’s how very lowkey they are despite their millions of net worth.
- Love has no boundaries. Even if the couple has different religious views and beliefs, they still made sure to keep their relationship intact. Elaine and Dave prove that love truly has no boundaries.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
How much is Dave Chappelle’s worth?
Dave Chappelle has a net worth of $50 Million according to BounceMojo.com
When did Dave Chappelle get married?
Dave Chappelle and Elaine Erfe married in 2001.
Does Dave Chappelle have kids?
Yes, Dave Chappelle has three kids.
Summary: Dave Chappelle Wife [Elaine Chappelle]
So, that was Dave Chappelle Wife Bio.
Elaine and Dave are lucky to have and to hold one other, and for such a long marriage.
My greatest takeaway from her life is that Elaine acted selflessly when she decided to take care of her family rather than pursue her dreams of becoming a professional chef.
But, I particularly liked how Dave Chappelle’s wife supports her husband in his career – she’s there backstage during many of his tours.